Shark Feeder Program
Shark Feeder Program
Move beyond the passive observational shark dive to the middle of the action when you train to become a shark feeder yourself ! Stuart Cove's Shark Feeder program takes you on a private, behind the scenes adventure that will allow you to participate in our normal Shark Adventure dives and then progress on and learn how to be the feeder!
Your first day starts early in the morning when you are greeted by your "Shark Buddy" upon arrival at the dive shop. Your "Shark Buddy" is an experienced shark feeder at Stuart Cove’s and a scuba instructor. For the next two days - you will live in your buddies shoes as a shark feeder.
The morning begins with a behind the scenes tour of Stuart Cove’s facility. Then it's off to the classroom where you will take the Shark Awareness Specialty Course. This course will give you the basic knowledge you should know about sharks including how to identify certain species, how to read behaviors such as aggressive and polite feeding, and basic anatomy. The morning course finishes with a detailed briefing of the Stuart Cove Shark Adventure™ dives. During this briefing you will be given numerous observation assignments for the afternoon dive.
Once the class is completed its off to the dive boat where you will participate (as a guest) in the Shark Adventure™ dives. On this trip you will be performing your observation assignments. These two dives also complete your Shark Awareness specialty course. During the two dives you will observe both natural and feeding behaviors of the Caribbean Reef sharks.You will be suited up in chainmail positioned next to your "Shark Buddy". Your "Shark Buddy" will now show you his/her point of view. Near the end of the feed dive, your "Shark Buddy" will turn the spear and bait box over to you, for the last few peices of bait.
Day two begins with you and your "Shark Buddy" who will review the previous days dive and you will given further instructions on basic feeding techniques.
Your adventure continues when you board your private boat for your personal shark feeding dives. Accompanying you will be your "Shark Buddy", a crew person for the boat, and staff from Fin Photo. A combination of video and still pictures will be taken during your 2-tank dive. On your first dive you will be feeding using your newly learned techniques and the second dive is you and the sharks, having an adventure of a lifetime!
Shark Feeder Adventure Outline
||Private Shark Dives with you as the feeder.
|Included in Price
- Private 2-tank shark dive with you as the feeder.
- Certification as a Shark Awareness Diver with PADI.
- A electronic photo album documenting your shark experiences
- 2-DVD's including a private video of your actual Shark Feeding experience and a group video of your Shark Adventure™ dive.
- Use of Neptunic stainless steel chainmail suit with helmet.
- Access to operate behind the scenes with your new "Shark Buddy".
- A VIP adventure you will never forget and can brag about to your dive buddies for a lifetime.
- $2,475 Per Person
- Your personal guests will be allowed to observe your feeding skills at our regular Shark Adventure prices.
- Hotel packages are available.
|| Upon Request-
Taught on a private basis..
| Equipment Included
||Tanks, Weights, Weightbelts
Plus everything listed above.
|Additional Required Equipment
|| Full Body Suit (ie: wetsuit or skin with long legs & long sleeves)
|Pre-Requisite For Participation
- 18 Years Old
- Shark Feeding is advanced diving and requires divers to have strong Scuba skills.
- You should be an experienced, certified diver who is very comfortable in the water and confident in your skills.
- You should also be physically fit and in good health.